A few days ago, I posted about the swift my brother-in-law made for me. I'm so happy to have it, but I was worried about it possibly being damaged if I didn't do something to protect it when not in use. I didn't have a pattern and was a bit nervous about drafting something that would fit, but I've made a few of Annie Unrein's bags, so I gulped and started figuring out the size I'd need and how best to put it together. Okay, Annie's bags are better drafted and finished than this one, but I'm pretty happy with what I finished today, especially considering that it's a first effort. :)
The "main" bag has a full-length zipper to make access easy, as well as a layer of Soft and Stable for padding between the outer bag and the lining. I made a second, smaller bag for the adjustable dowels, giving each a separate compartment so they wouldn't rattle and adding a velcro closure; this bag was fine with batting instead of the Soft and Stable. Here's the bag, slightly open, with the smaller bag next to it.