This is a pattern I've been meaning to make for some time, but I kept procrastinating. Then my LQS advertised a class to make the very same bag, so I signed up in order to force myself to make it. LOL! The class lasted six hours, and it's a very good thing that I'd already quilted the fabrics to their Soft and Stable center layers and cut out the various pieces, because it was almost impossible to finish the bag in that amount of time. I did finish today, though, and I think I'm going to enjoy using it to carry various quilting tools with me when I go to classes or similar activities.
Like most of the other bags I've made, this pattern was designed by Annie Unrein, but it's a bit more involved an undertaking than most. The trickiest part is the main zipper and the binding around it, but it's done now! :) What's really nice is that the inside pockets, other than the two mounted on the cover itself, are removable "pages". How handy that will be! All of the pockets use clear vinyl, making it easy to see what's inside.
I did make a couple of modifications to the pattern, adding an embroidered monogram to the outer front and using only two fabrics instead of the suggested three.
I'm a retired high school French teacher from Arizona, now living in the Las Vegas area. I loved teaching French, but I love retirement even more! I'm a quilter, and most of what you see here will be about quilting.
Please visit my blog at http://www.sandymike.net/blog.