Blogspot »

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Accola — take two

Some time ago, I made this shawl as a project for a Craftsy class. I love the shawl, but it's really too small to be useful to me. Sad, isn't it? Anyway, I had some of the yarn left and decided to make it again in a larger size. I wanted to use the same sorts of beads again, but I couldn't find them, so I substituted different ones: coppery ones in the smaller size, and darker turquoise for the larger size. Yesterday I finished binding off the edging, and today I blocked the shawl. I'm really happy with it this time! :)


This time, too, I managed to do a better — though not perfect ;) -- job of keeping the beads lined up where they belong. You can just barely see the larger beads next to the long row of coppery ones.

Here is the central lace panel; the rest of the shawl is stockinette stitch, so there's a good variety of "easy" and "more interesting" to work on. Correction: the top and bottom edgings are also lacy, as well as having more of the turquoise beads knitted in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy seeing comments and read them all, so please feel free to post here.