In Houston last fall, I took another class from one of my favorite teachers, Philippa Naylor. This one was on techniques to use in curved piecing. I only finished the very center portion of the piece in class, and then — as these things so often happen — it was pushed back further and further in the line of my to-do projects. However, yesterday I finally finished it! Yay!
I really like the techniques we learned, and I'm pretty happy with this little piece, considering that I stuck to fabrics I had on hand. ;) I used double corded piping around the outer border before adding the binding, and of course all of the piping and binding strips had to be cut on the bias because of the curves. But it all went together very easily.