About six months ago, I saw a gorgeous sample quilt at my LQS. I don't normally find kits interesting, but this time I was so tempted by that beautiful sample! To add to the temptation, I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket, so I bought the kit and put it away until I'd finished a few of my other projects. We've all "stockpiled" projects, right? ;) In case you like what you see, the pattern was designed by June Pease, and the Sakura fabrics are by Red Rooster.
Yesterday I decided it was time, so I began cutting all of the fabrics according to the instructions. After doing the cutting, the first step was to appliqué some circular pieces to a background, and so I've actually begun the stitching! Yay! I did the appliqué by machine, and I was so glad to have the magnifying lenses to attach in front of the needle, since seeing smoke-colored "invisible" thread on a black background is enough to give anyone a major headache otherwise.
These four blocks are the only ones that really need any special attention; everything else will be a matter of simply putting various cut pieces together to frame the central panel. But here are those blocks, all ready to add to the rest when I get to that point. :)