Blogspot »

Friday, April 1, 2011

A bag

I haven't posted lately, because I'm saving the handwork on my Drunkard's Path quilt to take with me to a quilting day on Sunday with some friends. Other than doing the hand sewing on the binding, though, the quilt is finished. :) I'll post a photo when I get that last bit done.

In the meantime, I've been working on a bag, which is something I rarely do. However, this time it's a special bag, nicely padded, that I'll be able to use with my iPad when it arrives. The pattern I used is by Annie Unrein, called the MiPad Case. It features an adjustable strap, a zippered outer pocket, an inner pocket, and a central front panel done with Texture Magic. I used Annie's Soft and Stable to pad the case, and I think it will work out great. :)

I already had the bamboo batik, the solid black and the bright pink I used for the piping, as well as the handle hardware, in my stash, so all I needed to purchase were the zippers and lining fabric. It's so nice to be able to make something from stash! :) The bamboo print is black and white, though it sometimes looks sort of navy, depending on the lighting, as you can see in the photos.

By the way, I had a couple of questions during the bag's construction, and I was delighted by how quickly Annie responded. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you used the bamboo print as inspiration for your quilting design. Looks great with the bright pink accent!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy seeing comments and read them all, so please feel free to post here.