It's still hot, but I couldn't stand it any longer; I just had to do something about my Winding Ways quilt.
So today I laid out all of the blocks, trying -- not always successfully -- to keep the same fabric from being in any two adjacent blocks. I'll be using 99 blocks, set 9 x 11, and I've put together two rows now. I can almost see the circles beginning to form!
I don't have a design wall worth mentioning; it's just a tiny piece of flannel hung up over a closet door. I have to move it every time I want to access the closet where I store my supplies. As a result, it's always a challenge trying to find a place where I can look at something from a distance. I clipped this to the valance of the vertical blind in our guest room to take this photo. As the quilt top gets larger, I won't be able to photograph it all, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. ;)
Here is a picture of what the finished quilt should look like, as I laid it out in EQ7. I used a similar (but not identical) block that was already in the block library; it was close enough. ;)